2007 IDS Group Trip to China
This was the first time that the IDS was able to coordinate a large group trip to China. It took a great deal of organisation.
Starting in Beijing, with a visit to the White Cloud Daoist Hall, and a visit to the Beijing Acrobats. Then a day to explore the Great Wall.
Other highlights included:
- a boat trip down the Li River from Guilin to Yangshuo.
- a performance set in the landscape of the local hills, produced by Yimou Zhang who directed The House of Flying Daggers and Hero, telling some of the stories of the local ethnic people who perform in it as well.
- the Reed Flute Caves
- South Creek Hill, Guilin
- exploring the countryside on bicycle
- Eternal Spring Daoist Hall & the Yellow Crane Tower in Wuhan
- Mount Wudang
- Penglai Peninsula, Shangdong